La Nucia (La Nucía in Spanish), is a municipality in the province of Alicante, in the Valencian Community, Spain. It belongs to the Marina Baja Region.
The municipal term is also composed of the following districts: Barranco Hondo, Coloma, Bello Horizonte and El Tossal.
Places of interest:
· Youth Center: built in 2005 by the City Council, which with 3 floors and more than 500 m² is one of the largest in the entire Valencian Community, with a large number of cultural, educational and leisure initiatives of different types (concerts , colloquiums, courses …).
· University Headquarters: the former San Rafael Public School building located in the city center and opened in 1936, has been renovated and expanded in 2007 to become the permanent headquarters of the University of La Nucía University of La Nucía . The project, designed by local architect José Luis Campos Rosique / crystalzoo, is a risky bet that reconciles the old and the new and is called to become a reference in the region.
· Monte del Calvario: it is a spectacular mountain where you can see the entire municipality and see the surrounding municipalities such as the great city of Altea and its beaches.
· Hermitage of San Vicente Ferrer: dates from 1803 and is located in a beautiful natural and historical place. Hermitage of San Rafael.
· La Favara Fountain: a large garden where you can see the typical plants and trees of the Mediterranean climate. Its large waterfall and its sources make it a warm place in the hot summers where many people gather to eat under their ancient trees.
· The laundry: former laundry of 1924.
· Mediterranean Auditorium: Cultural space, opened in 2007, has a total area of 4,448 square meters. The auditorium has a capacity of 600 seats. Auditorium and Cultural Center of the Mediterranean, is a unique building of three heights with a characteristic cube that is the one that houses the stage and the patio of armchairs.
source : www.turismorural.com